Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 12, 2016

Blair Walsh: Anti-Hero on the Day Bowie Dies?

Blair Walsh Lived 

A Kicker's Nightmare

I do feel sorry for Blair Walsh missing that crucial kick against the Seahawks last weekend, but being a Seahawks fan myself I'm kind of glad he did, as it was a real let off for my team.
" Blair Walsh missed a short field goal in the closing seconds of the Vikings-Seahawks NFC wild-card game on Sunday, a miss that cost his team the win."
Seattle Seahawks
David Robert Jones
(
8 January 1947 – 10 January 2016)
Blair Richard Walsh
(born January 8, 1990)
Ironically though, I noticed Blair shares the same birthdate as David Bowie (January 8th), according to Bliar's Wikipedia page, and David Bowie passed away the day Blair missed the kick.

Blair Walsh missing the kick the day
Bowie died, January 10th, 2016
Seahawks vs. Vikings | NFC Wild Card Highlights | NFL
Weird, or what? 

Blackstar

(David Bowie album)

Blackstar (stylised as ) is the twenty-sixth and final studio album by English musician David Bowie
It was released through Bowie's ISO Records label on 8 January 2016, the date of Bowie's 69th birthday; Bowie would unexpectedly pass away two days later (10 January 2016).
Not only that, but both stories appeared in my hometown Australian newspaper on the same day.
White star?

UPDATE
2016: Heroes, Anti-Heroes, Football, Music and Movies
Here is the kicker (so to speak), the team I support and have been a life member of since the 80's in the NRL are the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks who at one time bought the rights to the Bowie song 'Heroes'.
"At the height of Super League, the Sharks bought the song rights to play David Bowie’s hit: “We Can Be Heroes’’.
Gow adds: “I would love that song to be played again, because it was very appropriate for the Sharks."
I've been a follower of the Seahawks since the late 80s, when my ex-brother-in-law who was living in Vancouver for six months bought me home a Seatle Seahawks jumper.
I didn't even think they were a real team when he gave me the jumper, but I read up about the team and found out they were a real underdog team like my Sharks, so I adopted them as my team and until recently thought both teams would never win a final trophy in my lifetime.
But the Seahawks won their first one in 2014 and the Year Bowie passed away (2016) was the year the Sharks won their first ever NRL grand final.

One day is all it takes to be heroes, as Bowie would say:-)
Me and my youngest son saluting
 our heroes
 in 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment