Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 25, 2011

Dannion Brinkley???

I read Dannion Brinkley's book Saved By The Light many years ago.
Probably around the time it first came out, and I have to say that the story seemed plausible enough, but I wondered if Dannion was fair dinkum (or genuine, in other words).
I've never really taken much more notice of him since reading this book many moons ago, because I found other authors who I could relate to better, and who seemed more genuine to me ... not that I doubted his story ... but I could never truly believe that he hadn't  just spun a story for the sake of selling a few books, or whether he was telling the truth.
To tell the truth, I still don't know if he is telling the truth, or not.
I decided to write this post because I saw him in the movie Infinity (which I wrote about below) and his story appeared to be genuine and he appears to be talking from the heart, but I did see a clip on You Tube done by a guy that I met in Brisbane in 2005 (Jon Ronson) who I found to be very genuine also.
Jon is the author of a book called The Men Who Stare at Goats, which is a very Dr.Strangeloven book about real US Military Generals and military experiments to use psychic warfare as in tests to see if goats can be killed by people with psychic abilities, by these people just staring at them.
My copy of The Men Who Stare at Goats
His book was turned into a comedy with Ewen McGregor playing the Jon Ronson type character (see trailer below).
Good read BTW.
But I also found this rebuttal by Dannion;
So you'll have to go with your intuition on this one ... unless you know more about Dannion than I do, that is.
I have three feelings about Dannion, first and my strongest is that Dannion is telling the truth and that Jon just hasn't done his homework well enough ... second that Dannion is one deluded individual ... and third that Dannion is a first class con man.  
My own interest in cases like this was from an experience I had when I was twelve years old of an "out of body experience" that to me was very real indeed.
So, whether Dannion is telling the truth, or not about his experience ... I can tell you from first hand experience that OBE's are a real phenomena, and I'm not out to make a cent from any book, or website, I would just like to let others who wonder about this phenomena know, without turning my own life into a circus, that this stuff is real.
After having an OBE and hearing people say that they don't believe in an afterlife, because they believe that when your dead your dead and that's it, is a bit like in the old days when sailors believed that if you sailed beyond the horizon, that you would fall off the "edge" of the world.
If they had actually had the experience of sailing beyond the horizon they would see that the "illusion" was really theirs all along and that the "illusions" of the returned sailors were reality.
I have no problems with people who can't believe my story, because their own death will prove my story was not a fantasy, but a fact.
There are charlatans and con men in all walks of life.
Whether Dannion is telling the truth, or not about his own experience, I can not tell.
All I know is that this type of phenomena is real and I would like to think Dannion is an honest man.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the Men Who Stare At Goats...there were many truths in that movie. A friend of mine studied remote viewing around the time this came out and she said the classes were amazing...no goats were killed in class (lol)...but she along with many others in the class were able to remote view...which I believe was a big part of that movie. As far as Brinkley...my thoughts...for what its worth...there are no lies, because everyone has their own perception of reality...and surely this is Brinkley's perception. Whether I find truth in his perception....ummm...not sure really. Once someone starts making money on their claims it's difficult to know.
    Hope your week is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the Other side is real. I have been there too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the other side...not during this life time,anyway.I just had an out of body experience,where my conscious self was out about fifteen feet behind my physical body,and I was looking down at myself walking along a beech with other 12 year olds.It was just about the freakiest experience I have ever had.That was as far as I traveled,because my main concern was just to get back into my body.Which I eventually did.
    Everybody needs to experience this at least once in their life.It is literally a life changing experience,because you realize that consciousness is not in the body,it just appears to be.

    ReplyDelete