Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 17, 2011

Out of the Blue

I ordered this DVD from Ray Schmitt about a week before my father-in-law died, last October, of a sudden heart attack.
I had a feeling that somebody in the family could pass at the time, and that this DVD looked like it could serve as a great healing tool for others in the family, that had no real belief in an afterlife.
I had no idea it would be my father-in-law ... that was definitely 
'Out of the Blue'.
In fact, I had no idea at all, who or why I was  to buy this film for, I just acted on my instinct.
All I had seen of the documentary was the clip below, and after having watched this movie about five times now, I would have to say this is one of the bravest and most heartfelt movies I have ever seen a filmmaker produce.
It really deserves a much wider audience.

If you would like to purchase a copy, here's the link to his website;
Out of the Blue
And here are a few reviews about the film, which I totally agree with;
"I just had the privilege of watching Ray Schmitt’s “Out of the Blue.” 
It is a beautiful film. 
I was impressed at Schmitt’s ability to take his very personal, spiritual journey and make it accessible, understandable and visually stunning. 
In addition to his film-making skills, which are evident throughout, I admired Schmitt’s ability to be open to all spiritual traditions as well as the many “teachers” he encountered on his journey. 
The questions inspired by grief are ones we all grapple with at some point, and this film offers much to the seeker, including the reminder that it is in the journey that we find life. 
--Dr. Laurie Helgoe, Psychologist and Author

A must see for those who are still seeking answers and connections with loved ones whom have proceeded into the after world. 

A search for meaning and spiritual growth of a widow’s personal journey after the death of a loved one. 
--Andrรฉe Jeannotte, Hospice Bereavement Coordinator

Ray Schmitt has created with “Out of the Blue” another masterpiece of personal cinema therapy, as he did with “Six Months” creating a film about his life since the tragic loss of his wife Judy several years ago. 

He travels the country and to Mexico in search of spiritual peace, showing on camera how deeply he misses his wife. 
He talks to many people who have also recently lost their spouses, getting different responses. He explores both Eastern and Western philosophy and religion, running in to the reality of synchronicity. 
He uses some clips of other films of his to show how he has experienced people’s emotions about death before. 
But the most touching scenes are the many clips of his film of Judy, showing photographs and film clips that reveal how much Judy was part of his soul. . . 
Hopefully, everyone will get to see this film, especially people who have lost their mates. 
It is one of the finest examples of “cinema therapy” - using cinema to experience the necessary therapy everyone needs to survive crises like Ray had to face.
 --Steve Fesenmaier, Film reviewer/presenter"

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to see both of Schmitt's DVD's...but wow...expensive...think I'll wait until they're available for rental.
    Thanks for introducing me to these.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that they are available for rental.I had to get my copy directly through him.It would be good to see his films picked up by a good distribution company.I have this film plus one he made called "Lulu",and they are both first class films.

    ReplyDelete