Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 4, 2015

What a Payne!?

Michelle Payne celebrates on Prince of Penzance
with her brother Stevie
Melbourne Cup: Michelle Payne lauds 'incredible' Prince Of Penzance after historic win
Yesterday in Australia was run the horse race that stops a nation, so of course I just had to have a bet on it.
My losing Melbourne Cup ticket
I haven't been following the horses recently, even though as a kid I pretty much grew up at the racetrack tagging along with my taxicab driving dad and being at one of the Brisbane racetracks, or surrounding racetracks on a pretty much weekly basis.
 So, I thought I would try to pick my bet on The Cup using synchronicity and personal signs.
Looking at the form guide above, one horse seemed to ring all of the bells for me.
#5 BIG ORANGE.
For one, my dad used to drive a big yellow taxi (that looked orange to me) and that is how we got to the racetracks, by him driving me and Nan in his cab.
I Read the News Today ... Oh, Boy! Sad, but Synchy News on So Many Levels to Me
It had barrier 23, which is my birthdate (but 23 is a bad barrier for a horse in this race to start from). 
It had 55 kilograms in weight to carry, and I got made redundant from my job on "Back to the FutureDay (October 21st, 2015) 
My "Back to the Future" Day
Marty and Doc travel back to '55 (55kg ... get it?) in BTTF.
Plus, I saw the trainer of the horse was named Michael Bell, which is a name I've blogged about quite a bit on this blog -
Michael Bell from 'War is Hell'
and 
"For Whom the Bell Tolls"?
But I couldn't help thinking that these omens weren't pointing to me backing the Melbourne Cup winner here, there was something else that would link all these syncs together, in a good and bad way, but not for me.
 I thought my horse had a good chance and that the 50-1 price wasn't right, but I couldn't help thinking that a bigger outsider in the race would swamp my horse, just when I thought that my bet was in the bag ... and it did.
Like some cosmic, in your face Darren, my horse led nearly all the way, but faded out and ran 5th (ha, ha ... #5 finishes 5th ... I get it, like some bad joke)
And to make matters worse, my dad has been telling me all year, watch out for these lady jockeys, because they are really good.
And of course, Michelle Payne, the only female jockey in the race goes flashing past my horse and wins the race at 100 to 1 odds.
And she is the main female jockey that my dad has been telling me to watch out for all year.
Doh!
But I have to say that it was all worth it seeing Michelle ride that horse to the line in first place, as I knew I had witnessed an historical event, even if I saw my $1,100 dollars evaporate into thin air around me (besides, three other horses beat mine to the finish line anyway) I even had a tear in my I eye as she gave her winner's speech (not because I lost money, either) because she confirmed exactly what I was thinking ... this is fate, in some way.
I knew in my heart that this was meant to be on some cosmic level (but why the bum steer for me with BIG ORANGE?).
I didn't get it.
Why did that name BELL stand out to me so hard when I was reading the form guide, like it was a significant factor to watch out for on the day?
Well, later that night I see this news story about a jockey who tasted success in my hometown last year (Tim Bell had success early in his career and rode his first group one winner on Tinto in the Queensland Oaks in Brisbane last year. 2014, The Year of the Horse, no less).
Brisbane jockey Tim Bell dies in high-rise fall in Singapore
I have to say that I went cold when I saw that headline.
Tim Bell (left) with the Queensland Oaks
 trophy in Brisbane in 2014.
What at first seemed to be a happy day for the sport turned to tragedy overnight.
Life is certainly a double-edged sword.
Congratulations to Michelle in yesterday's fateful cup victory and my condolences to Tim's family on the awful news overnight from Singapore.
It was a day of mixed emotions all round in the racing industry, that's for sure. 
I had to laugh at the joke Dr. Kirby Surprise tells at around the34th minute of the above podcast of the #5 horse running 5th.
Steering Synchronicity by Surprise
I don't really agree with Dr. Kirby Surprise's theory about synchronicity, as he seems to be coming at it from an individual being responsible for these events, where I see it as both, individual and cosmic forces combining (call it God if you like) to create these events.
No man, or woman is an island in this cosmic sea of energy, I think. 
Adam Kirby: completed the rout in
 
fine style aboard Jay Bee Blue
I also found an incredible horse-racing story about another guy named Kirby when I was Googling for the horse racing joke video by Dr. Kirby Surprise above.

Kirby rides incredible 4,207-1 four-timer
ADAM KIRBY landed his first career four-timer at Kempton on Tuesday evening at odds of a massive 4,207-1.
Kirby, who rode Lethal Force to two Group 1 victories this summer, completed the haul aboard 6-4 favourite Jay Bee Blue in the final race of the evening when getting up by two and three-quarter lengths from Emkanaat. 
The delighted rider said: "It's been a good night and that's my first-ever four-timer - I've had three before but never four. 
"I'm sticking around for most of the winter and hopefully we can keep it going." 
Kirby's biggest victory of the night in terms of winning margin and price came aboard the Luca Cumani-trained Kindu, who scored by a comfortable four lengths at odds of 16-1 in the 1m3f maiden. 
Not resting on his laurels, Kirby drove home the Dean Ivory-trained Shaunas Spirit to get up by a head from Up Tipp in division one of the mile handicap at 8-1 before winning by the smallest of margins aboard 10-1 chance Apollo D'Negro in the 7f handicap.

UPDATE: 27th Nov, 2015
I just saw a news story about Red Cadeaux, the horse that broke down in the running of this year's Melbourne Cup.
Red Cadeaux euthanased due to complications from Melbourne Cup injury
I had written in a post about Red Cadeaux in 2011 finishing a close second to a French horse in that year's Melbourne Cup and me seeing a film called Midnight in Paris.
Midnight in Paris on All Saints Day
No 3 Dunaden just beats No.12
Red Cadeaux in the 2011 Melbourne Cup
Reading that old post now after what happened in Paris on the night of the 13th of November this year is a little spooky in hindsight.

No comments:

Post a Comment