Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 26, 2016

Jane Lynch and the Two Carols

Jane Lynch as Carol Brady in
the book
'Happy Accidents'
I wrote a post five days ago about the Jane Lynch book I had just finished reading -
Jane Lynch, Mascots and Happy Accidents
There were two photos I had a nagging feeling to include in that post.
One was the above photo of Jane dressed as Carol Brady with the late 'Monkees' singer Davy Jones ... who Jane's mother confused as Billy Joel for some reason.
I thought yeah, but why put that photo in just because 2016 is the Year of the Monkey and it's the 'Monkees' 50th anniversary? 
Besides, it didn't seem to make much sense since Davy Jones passed away from a heart attack in 2012.
The other picture I felt I should include was the one above of the two Carols, Jane Lynch and Florence Henderson ... but why really?
My subconscious urge was to put it in the post, but my rational mind couldn't think of a real reason to include it, so I didn't because I couldn't justify why I wanted to put it in, like it meant something and should be included.
Florence Henderson, TV mum from The Brady Bunch, dies at age 82
"It is understood Henderson, who was 82, died from heart failure at an undisclosed Southern California hospital.
She died surrounded by family and friends, her manager, Kayla Pressman, said in a statement.
Millions loved, and kept on loving, the innocent sitcom about a blended family that first aired in 1969.
"

I guess I know now.
And I noticed that there is also two Carols on Jane's new Christmas track list, too.
I had a feeling to look through the track listing when I wrote the post five days ago, like there was something there I was supposed to see.
The only thing that hit me at the time was Leonard Cohen had passed away just before Jane's album came out, and he was famous for singing 'Hallelujah'.
And there was a song in the playlist titled 'Hallelujah Chorus', but that didn't seem to be it and seemed a bit lame.
Leonard Cohen
I also found it a coincidence that Florence Henderson was in an episode of 'Good Heavens' called 'See Jane Run' and she played a character named Julia/Jane Grey.
On the 24th of November (which would have been November 23rd in the USA) I wrote a post about Jane Lynch starring in the movie 'Julie & Julia' as Julia's sister Dorothy -
Food, Drink and Spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment