Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 28, 2024

'Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said' and 'Chinatown' Both Turn 50 in 2024?๐Ÿ‘ฎ๐Ÿš”๐Ÿšจ

And they both contain
incestuous storylines to my horror.
But let's not forget who directed and also starred in 'Chinatown'?
I watched 'Chinatown' for the first time in my life a few weeks ago when I stumbled across a DVD for sale in an Op Shop for $1 and couldn't believe the ending of this movie and ... SPOILER ALERT ... and the fact that the father of Faye's character was also the father of her daughter?!!! 
And while I'm yet to read/listen to PKD's 'Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said', but I already know the plot from listening to podcasts where people who have read the book breakdown the plot.
I tried to get an inter-library loan on this book, but there were no copies in any of the libraries to borrow, so it must be a popular book of
Dick's if there aren't any copies of this book stocked by any government libraries around where I live?
I'm starting to wonder what people see in this Dick?
At least I have A Scanner Darkly to read next, as I liked the movie I saw years ago, and have a copy in my DVD collection.
And my copy of 'Chinatown' won't be staying in my DVD collection for long ... so long.
Total DickHeads?๐Ÿ’ญ๐ŸŽฅ๐Ÿ“•

No comments:

Post a Comment