Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 13, 2024

Watching the Tree to Catch ... A Butterfly?πŸŒ²πŸ¦‹πŸ‘€

I have not read
'Falling Leaves' by 
Adeline Yen Mah, but I did just finish reading her book 'Watching the Tree' that I bought about 12 years ago to read in 2011, the Year of the Rabbit, but I only just finished reading it before 2023/24, the Year of the Rabbit ended.
This is the book I wrote about reading in my butterfly post -
That's Something You Don't See Every [Groundhog] Day? πŸ¦‹πŸ‘€
I still have the 2012 Soccer Pools game fixtures sheet I was using as a bookmark when I started reading the book about 12 years back.
And of course I had to start from the beginning this year, as I had forgotten what I had read from back then.
But I always find that when I decide to read a book that it is always the right time that I did.
Adeline Yen Mah says her book 'Falling Leaves' gets its title from the Chinese analogy that leaves tend to fall back to their roots, and the title 'Watching the Tree' is taking from a boy who went out to catch a hare in the forest for the first time and saw one run into a tree and knock itself out and then the boy watched the tree every time he went to catch hares not knowing how rare an event that was.
Oh, and I should mention that I went to the cinema today to see 'Poor Things' and a trailer for a movie called 'Fallen Leaves' was shown before:-)
Robert Johnson:
Dionysus the Forgotten God
Oddly enough, as soon as I had finished reading that book the podcast episode above dropped onto my Apple Podcast playlist, which talks of rabbits, w/holes and Asian philosophies.
And no, it's not Robert Johnson of the crossroads fame who sold his soul to the devil>:-)
It was this Robert Johnson in the You Tube below.

No comments:

Post a Comment