Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 6, 2024

A 2012 Love Letter to Anna Karenina?πŸŽ₯πŸ’ŒπŸŽ¬

Before I had read Tolstoy's Anna Karenina last year, I was trying to find the 2012 movie version of it to watch on a streaming service before I read the book, but I couldn't -
And I'm glad that I didn't see that
2012 movie version, before reading the book, because it was like the screenwriter Tom Stoppard took a dump on Tolstoy's book.
I found a DVD of the movie in an Op shop last month for $1, along with a movie version of Tolstoy's 'War and Peace' starring Adrey Hepburn (which was also pretty bad) for the same price and watched them both last month.
Needless to say, I'll be donating these movies to a lending library in the near future.
If you want to see the novels brought to the screen and be faithful to the stories, then watch the BBC TV versions I say.
Why Read War and Peace in 2023 When You Can Listen to it and Watch it?πŸ’£☮πŸ•ŠπŸ‡πŸ°

No comments:

Post a Comment