Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 26, 2024

Half of a Yellow Sun?πŸŒπŸŒ„

'Half of a Yellow Sun' by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is one of the 1001 books that I'm told I have to read before I die ... and bless me Father, for I have sinned... as I've had this library book re-newed 3 times and have still only read about 130 pages of the 430 pages (rough estimate on my part), as of writing this post.
1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
But I did watch all of the movie on the free TUBI streaming Network last night, and now I know that I have to get the book out again and finish reading the other pages.
I had enjoyed what I had read in those 130 pages of the book (if that's the right word), but I had always left my reading of the book too close to the day I had to return the book back to the library, like a high school kid who has had a month to complete an assignment, but figures that he can do it all the day before it has to be handed in.
 If you had have asked me to show you on a world map where Nigeria was before I read (part of this book) for $1,000,000 I would have ended up $1,000,000 short, as I knew it was located in the top part of Africia, but I knew not where?
I never even knew about the cival war there, before reading the book and watching the movie.
Once I have read
'The Kindly Ones' I'll have to get 
'Half of a Yellow Sun' back out and finish reading the rest of the book.
Unfortunately, the more books and movies like this I see, the more I start losing my faith in humanity ... but I know that there still are more good people than bad people in this world ... just
Warren Peace (War and Peace;-) and Other Great Books to Read in the Year of the Rabbit?πŸ’£☮πŸ•ŠπŸ‡πŸ°
I like how Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie says in that You Tube above how she based the character of Richard on Henry James, as I had read/listened to Henry's novel 'What Maisie Knew' just before I started on her book -
‘Killed for sport’: Mass killings of Christians in
  
Nigeria by ‘professional’ bandit groups
But I did see this rather disturbing news story (above) about Nigeria when I was reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment