Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 7, 2024

What Maisie Knew ... or Who's F#cking Who?πŸ€”

'What Maisie Knew' is one book I never would have read ordinarily if it wasn't recommended to me in another book that I'm currently reading (and will be for some time) called '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'.
Considering 'What Maisie Knew' was published in 1897 it was truly ahead of its time, as it tells the story of the sensitive daughter of divorced, irresponsible and narcissistic parents. 
The book follows the title character Maisie from earliest childhood to precocious maturity.
I was tempted to skip this book at first, but after listening to the first few chapters on an Apple Podcast I was hooked and listened to the lot over the following days.
Apparently, there is a
modern movie version of the book that came out in 2013 that failed at the box office, which I can't find on any streaming services that I subscribe to at present, and I'm not forking out $5 to rent it from Amazon Prime
The co-directors discuss their new family drama,
child actors and Julianne Moore's singing voice
So, I'll have to keep an eye out in future for when it does hit a streaming service I subscribe to, as it stars Steve Coogan, whom I like as an actor.
In fact, I saw one of his movies at the cinema the day I threw my wedding ring in the ocean, back in 2014 -
Love on the Rocks ... A Fool's Journey?
And I was watching an old sync film of Jake Kotze's yesterday called 'TIME : GOD', where
 Steve Coogan features a lot in it, oddly enough -

No comments:

Post a Comment