Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 4, 2024

That's Something You Don't See Every [Groundhog] Day? πŸ¦‹πŸ‘€

A Crow Butterfly on Groundhog Day?
Last
Friday (Groundhog Day) I was about to go out in the afternoon and a thought came to me that I should clear the bench of the trash I had for my wheelie bins and put the trash out now otherwise I would have to do it in the dark when I came home.
And as I was looking out of my kitchen blinds at my retaining wall falling to bits in the backyard, I remembered back to when I moved in to my unit wondering if I had done the right thing buying the unit, only to see a Crow Butterfly on my window brickwork, and now I was wondering if that butterfly was a real sign from my late father telling me that I had done the right thing -
A Butterfly That I Felt Was Worth Crowing About
So, I step outside to throw my trash in the bin and resting on a tree just above the bin is a Crow Butterfly, so I grabbed my cell phone camera to take a picture of it and it flew off, after I snapped the first shot, and then I chased it around my yard trying to snap a few more shots of it before it left my yard.
For every one shot I got of it in the frame I would miss getting it in the frame of the next shot.
I must have snapped about 20 shots, while chasing this butterfly around my yard and only got about 10 shots with it in the frame.
But this isn't even the weird part of the story yet, because as I'm trying to get a shot of this butterfly, two more Crow Butterflies having sex in midair joined in on the flight around my backyard.
WTF?
And this is where I really needed some photography skills to try and get all three Crow Butterflies into the frame, as they fluttered in zig-zag flight patterns around the yard.
Just when I think I have seen it all over the years, this has to happen on Groundhog Day, of all days -
Thank God It's Groundhog Day ... Again?πŸ“Ώ
And yet I laugh at people who believe in fairies:-)
Off with the Fairies?πŸ§šπŸ‘€
And after all, the 3 butterflies are just "only things" right?-)

UPDATE: February, 2024
I should also mention that I was reading this book above at the time I saw the butterflies having sex mid-air, and when I picked the book up that night to start reading it from where I left off, I read this passage below, for another WTF(?) moment:-)
The Metamorphosis from Out of the Blue?πŸ¦‹πŸŒŽπŸŒž
I'm writing another post about reading this book and some more
synchronicity I experienced while reading it, which I will link here once I've written it -

Watching the Tree to Catch ... A Butterfly?πŸŒ²πŸ¦‹πŸ‘€

No comments:

Post a Comment