Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 14, 2024

I Feel Like a Poor Thing After Seeing 'Poor Things' Yesterday?πŸ’°πŸ’ΈπŸ€‘

I set out to see the movie 'Poor Things' yesterday, as a bloke I work with told me that it was his favourite movie now.
Big call, but this was the same bloke who told me that 'Lake Mungo' was worth watching, too:-)
But I did read a 5-star review of 'Poor Things' in the local newspaper, so thought maybe this movie will be worth watching at the cinema.
So, I keyed up the Muvitimes webpage to see just where in Brisbane the movie was playing and what times, and I chose The Majestic Cinema at Wynnum for the 1:10 pm session and headed off to a cinema I had never been to before.
I'd heard on the news that this cinema chain was in trouble, so I thought at least I'm helping to bail them out by going down there to watch the movie and grab some snacks from the candy bar for lunch.
The only cinema belonging to the Majestic chain I had watched a movie in was the one at Port Macquarie which I wrote about in this old post -
The Conjuring, Too?
I arrived in Wynnum with about 10 minutes to spare, parked across the road from a church with the word JOY written on its wall, and then walked a few blocks looking for the cinema.
All of the buildings around here looked the same to me, but I finally found the one with the cinema complex in it ... and it was closed?!
So, why were they still advertising on movie pages like they were open?
And they still were today I noticed.
So, boy was I pissed off that I drove all the way over here, when it was just as far for me to drive into the city, which is where I now had to drive to if I wanted to see it that day.
I got 3-hours parking for free with my movie ticket, but since I got there with an hour to spare, I ended up paying $8 bucks to park my car, on top of the movie ticket.
Oh, JOY!
I grabbed a beer and watched trains rush past as I waited to go into the cinema.
Once I got into the cinema at around 2:45pm I was feeling hungry having missed out on lunch and reading the movie quotes on the cinema wall didn't help.
I ended up getting a Big Mac on the way home for dinner thanks to all that Super Bowl advertising on Monday that McDonalds paid for in Australia.
As for the movie, it was strange, but visually stunning, and seeing Emma Stone in full frontal nudity was worth the ticket price alone I thought:-)
The movie is definitely worth seeing.
But did I like it?
Not sure, but I couldn't help thinking it really was full of the themes Robert Johnson was talking about in this podcast below, which I had listened to that morning and the day before and wrote about in my butterfly post -
Oh, and Emma Stone is a Dragon too, I notice;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment