Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 20, 2024

The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch Turns 60 This Year?πŸš€πŸ“–

It's hard to believe that this book is as old as I am
this year, and I've only just finished reading it and returning it to the library today, and I liked this PKD novel/story for once.
The Gospel of Philip K. Dick?⛪
Episode #25 - The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
- with J. David Osborne
The novel takes place in a future
2016, kind of (the Year Bowie Died).
And what a weird year that was in the real world, too -
Buzz Aldrin Treated by Dr David Bowie in Middle Earth (NZ) in Remarkable Coincidence?
Well, that's the year in the novel that Palmer Eldritch is killed ... maybe?
Shark Week in the Year of the Monkey
I would love to see a good movie version or TV series made of The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch.
But I probably won't see one made in my lifetime:-P
I love how John Lennon once bought the book to make into a movie and even had a script written by a Hollywood screenwriter, but unfortunately was never made, according to the guys in 'Dickheads' podcast above.
Maybe Greta could make an interesting movie out of the book?-)
Greta Gerwig Shares a Birthday with The Meg? πŸŒŠπŸŽ‚πŸ¦ˆ
At least Greta has experience with Perky Pat type layouts:-)
The Rhetorizer Podcast
I haven't heard a review by a reader
(on podcasts anyway) who didn't like this book, yet.
And I'm another reader who likes this book, as well.
It's thought-provokingly funny and at the same time quite scary as far as drugs and the "evolution" of human beings go.

No comments:

Post a Comment