Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 8, 2016

My Pick of Dark Mofo Would Have to be Chelsea Wolfe

My reason for heading to Hobart's Dark Mofo was to see and hear Chelsea Wolfe play live at the Odeon Theatre and I was not disappointed, except for the fact she had no CDs for sale, so I bought a tin of guitar picks as a souvenir, as I liked the tin with its lamen like design. 
?!
Chelsea Wolfe on stage at Hobart's Odeon Theatre June 2016
Chelsea deserves all the accolades I've heard thrown her way and I think everyone who was there that night would agree.  
The audience from my point of view with lights on
The audience from my point of view with lights off
I have to admit though that the opening act with the guy playing a soundtrack to cars continually driving on a freeway nearly drove me up the wall, as someone like me who has driven from Brisbane to Hobart doesn't want to see more cars driving in front of them.

Nightmare material for me I'm afraid, but I did enjoy the other support acts on the night.
She's like an angel on an electric guitar and even the rockier numbers are quite haunting in a way.
I have to say that being a Tottenham Hotspur supporter the last thing in the world I could see myself becoming was a Chelsea fan:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment