Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 5, 2024

"The Owl is Like an Alarm Clock ..." Mike Clelland🦉⏰

I wrote a post recently about ordering an
owl alarm clock from Amazon, because I wanted to have a Mike Clelland metaphor/quote "The owl is an alarm clock ..." wake me up for work and any time I need to get up out of bed to watch a live event on TV in the middle of the night, like the opening and closing of the Olympic Games ... yawn!
But I have to tell ya that this old timey (pardon the pun) alarm clock with the twin bells is like being injected with adrenalin when it goes off waking me out of a dead sleep.
I'm gonna hate this alarm clock like Sheryl Crow hates hers, eventually, I think:-)
It's almost as alarming as being abducted by aliens I imagine:-)
"Perfect your life, noble your space"?!
The Owl is Like an Alarm Clock ... But What About a Crow?🦉⏰👽🛸
I was told by Amazon that the clock could arrive as soon as July 26th (Jung's birthday) but it ended up in my PO Box on July 30th.
So, the owl clock's timing seems off to me already:-)
But as luck would have it a small book of owl quotes crossed my path after I ordered the clock, so I bought it to have a read, with the intention of passing it on to someone WHO is more into owls than I am.
There are a lot of lame "owl" quotes in this book, but a few of them I found personally interesting like this one attributed to an author I met way back before he was mega famous, Paulo Coelho -
But I have to admit that it was the creepy owl trinket tied to a pink ribbon to be used as a bookmark that sold me on buying the book.
It reminded me of an owl trinket my son found in a Geocache tin, which I still have hanging on my computer desk.
Wow, that quote attributed to Ellen seems rather ironic from a 2024 perspective:-P
Not to mention this "owl" quote below by Bill Cosby:-)
I think I'll be keeping this little wise book, and hopefully if they write another book of "owl" quotes, Mike's quote makes it into it;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment