Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 31, 2024

Synchronicity ... Yeah, Nah!?👌🙆🙅🚫

William McInnes at the 'Yeah, Nah!' talk
I haven't read William McInnes' book 'Yeah, Nah!' yet, in fact I don't even own a copy yet, but I did finish reading his co-authored 2011 book 'Worse Things Happen at Sea' written with his late wife Sarah Watt.
Which crossed paths with me in a Thrift (or opportunity) shop I work in part time, a few weeks before I met William at a writers festival in Bangalow, and asked him to sign for me.
Thrift Shop Biography Podcast?🎤✍📕

Pete Murray in Bangalow

I was only about halfway through the book when William signed the book for me, as I wrote in this recent post -
Grabbing a Bite at Wahlburgers Byron Bay After a Day at the Writers Festival?🍔📕
"Mate, My Hobby is Being Alive" William McInnes
William McInnes at the 'Yeah, Nah!' talk at the Bangalow Showgrounds
After listening to William's Byron Writers Festival talk about his book 'Yeah, Nah!' I did an Apple Podcast search to hear him speak about the book and found an old 2023 'Conversations' episode where he and Richard Fidler make themselves laugh over Australianisms
William McInnes and his
favourite
Australianisms
I'm just not so sure that 
'Yeah, Nah!' is of Australian origin when I think back to hearing the expression in the 2022 movie 'NOPE' ... Year, Nah?-)
And I like how
William starts off his conversation with Richard saying that he is either a trained actor or a hamburger, because of a play on words over the name of the acting school and the name of an Aussie hamburger:-
I guess that makes Mark Wahlberg an American hamburger?-)
But William is right that a lot of Australians do use the expression Yeah/Nah quite often, especially our sportsmen and women I noticed.
Being a Tottenham fan long before Ange took over the coaching job there, I was watching his press interview last week and about 40 seconds in he says it:-)
Samuel Stonestreet
Even in a post-match interview with The Sharks' Sam Stonestreet last week with Fox Sports Sam says it, too:-)
'Bogan' is a controversial slang word?
Also, in that 
'Conversations' podcast William refers to sharks as "Noah's arks" and in his book 'Worse Things Happen at Sea' writes about his daughter owning chooks (chickens/roosters) with one having the name Russell Crowe:-)
The inside cover of 'Worse Things Happen at Sea'
And of course, 
Russell Crowe has played Noah on the big screen.
From 'Worse Things Happen at Sea'
I take it that William is a Redcliffe Dolphins supporter like his old man?
And because William grew up in Redcliffe, I just surmise he goes for The Dolphins in the NRL now?
Then again, I grew up in Brisbane and am a Sharks supporter, because there was no Brisbane Broncos when I was growing up in Brisbane.
They didn't come into the NRL until 1988, the year I got married.
And I've grown to hate the Brisbane Broncos since then to the point that they are the last team in the NRL I would go for.
Drew Barrymore is Far From Home This Weekend I See? 🏡👀😀
I know Trent Dalton is a Brisbane Bronco fan I take from listening to some podcasts.
Not that I know what a "Trent" is supposed to look like;-)
Magic Words and the Power of Language?
From 'Worse Things Happen at Sea'
Funny thing is, I showed Trent Dalton this page from William's and Sarah's book when I was getting Trent to sign a few of his books for me, and he had a laugh about it.
I then showed William that page when William was signing the book for me, and I told him I had shown Trent that page:-)
Do you think I'll be going for the Broncos over The Dolphins today?
Yeah ... Nah!?
William McInnes on dads
Tomorow in Australia is Father's Day, so I had to listen to the above podcast which was originally broadcast in 2018.
Fathers!
You can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment