Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 2, 2024

Slaughterhouse Five and Kurt Vonnegut?🐄🛸🐮

I have finally read 
Kurt Vonnegut's semi-autobiographical novel 'Slaughterhouse Five' and bought the 1972 movie of the same name and watched it, too.
If it wasn't mainly for the "Owl Guy" Mike Clelland talking about the novel so much in recent podcasts, I probably wouldn't have read it until sometime further on in time -
David MetCALFe in the Year of the Dragon?🐂 🛸🐉👽🤡
1001 Books You Have to Read ... ?
It is a book I would have read eventually, because it is one of the 1001 books I'm told I need to read in one of the current books I'm reading now ... and probably will be reading until the day I die?-)
But I had to read it out of chronological order to the books I have already read in that book to read it at the point of time that I did:-)
Maybe for you Kurt?
I may have to watch
the movie again today, since it is 'World UFO Day', and I did watch the movie before I had read the book, so watching the movie again will highlight the differences in the book/movie
Margot Robbie's Birthday and World UFO Day in the Year of the Dragon?🐲🛸👽🐉
I can't help thinking how similar in theme the movie Slaughterhouse Five is to Asteroid City, although without the war theme (apart from A Bombs going off).
Born September 11, 1948?
And ironically, Mike Sacks, who played Billy Pilgrim in the movie Slaughterhouse Five celebrates his birthday on September 11th?
Kurt Vonnegut joins an audience of
World Service listeners to answer questions
about
his novel Slaughterhouse-Five
I've also recently listened to some very good podcasts about Kurt, with some like the 2006 BBC podcast above actually featuring him talking about his book 
Slaughterhouse Five.
Kurt Vonnegut, author of
A Man Without a Country
 and Slaughterhouse-Five
I even found a podcast episode titled 'The Shamanic Vonnegut' from a site called 'The Emerald', which was interesting.
Ironically, I have that "prayer" on a 2024 calendar I bought this year, which replaced a UFO 2023 calendar my sister bought me for Christmas in 2022 -
Time to Get Ready for 2023?👽🥳
Hopefully, I'll live long enough to read a few more of Kurt's books that I don't have to read before I die .... and so, it goes?-)
Especially 'Player Piano':-)

2 comments:

  1. I read "Slaughterhouse Five" and "Catcher in the Rhye" both simultaneously many years ago! Vonnegut's description of the Dresden bombings was harrowing to say the least! The movie is interesting, but again....my memory not the best on the differences, although I enjoy both the novel and movie of "The World According to Garp" and their both completely different! Vonnegut makes a amusing cameo in Rodney Dangerfield's movie "Back To School" by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books to read and movies to view Dan and so little time ... and so it goes :-)

    ReplyDelete