Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 6, 2022

1001 Books I Must Read Before I Die ... Including the Banned Ones?📚📖🚫

I'm reading Henry Miller's infamous once banned book 'Tropic of Cancer' at the moment, and before I started reading it I searched for people reviewing the book on podcasts and what they thought of it, and I stumbled across a podcast on Apple Podcasts about banned books, which is also available to watch on You Tube, which I found interesting, even though there are books they review that I probably wouldn't consider reading no matter how long I lived, such as 'American Psycho', which oddly enough is one of the books featured in a book I own titled '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die', with the 'American Psycho' book's cover artwork featured on the cover of that book.
1001 Books You Have to Read ... ?
I've seen
the movie and that was enough for me thanks, even though I could see the amusing social commentary side of the movie.
And once they mentioned the Psycho likes to review Phil Colins' songs throughout the book, that was just way too much for my stomach to take;-)
The Clockwork Orange Effect?
I've got to say that I'll probably be giving away Miller's book to a secondhand bookstore when I finish it, but I'm glad that I have nearly finished reading a book that I've had sitting unread on my bookshelf for years, just to finally read what all the fuss was about ... but that is a totally different kind of book to 'American Psycho' a book I'm not interested in reading in the least just to see what all the fuss is about.
I was surprised to see that 'MAUS' was banned (in some American Schools it turns out) having read it years ago and being from a part Jewish secular family background myself.
I can understand not having the book in a junior school's library, but high school libraries I can't see the problem.
I don't know what it was about the 90s with books like 'American Psycho' and films like Stone's 'Natural Born Killers' being in vogue at the time, and seemingly backfiring badly with the crimes that followed afterwards.
"From almost the moment of its release, the film has been accused of encouraging and inspiring numerous murderers in North America, including the Heath High School shooting and the Columbine High School massacre. The Columbine killers even code-named their attack: "NBK", an acronym for Natural Born Killers."
'Born to Kill' synch film
I'm looking forward to hearing more episodes of the banned books podcast ... just not to reading all the books they review.
Time Enough at Last?⏰💀

2 comments:

  1. Just came to your blog to say bye. I've decided to quit making comments on public sites on the Internet for a while, and I'm leaving goodbye messages on sites I used to check out and I liked, even though yours is one I haven't checked out in a while. But there was a time when I used to check out regularly synchro mystic blogs and wonder what it was all about. Actually, I still don't know. Just have some more complicated theories than I had before, I suppose.

    I guess it all started, as these things usually do, one night of December, looking at the sky, and suddenly realising that the Three Wise Men were right there. Next thing I know, I was checking my planisphere and noticing that all the classic fairy tales (Snow White, Cinderella, the Sleeping Beauty) were also there.

    For a year or so not a lot else happened, and then I noticed one of those things that you can't un-see. I remember thinking: "Secrets are stable, dammit! Secrets are stable. I don't live in the world I thought I did."

    All of which connects to the content of your post, actually. If secrets are easy to keep, why do then people bother banning books? Clearly the situation is a little more complicated. Some things, you lock in a box, and they stay in the box. Some things, you don't know. And some things, you may try to lock in a box, but they are likely to escape.

    That's still the simple version. It's still more complicated. Think of feedback loops. Some things tend to go up, reach their upper limit, then go down, reach their lower limit, and bounce between the two.

    And it can get even more interesting. Like, you may have two or more things that oscillate, synchronise them, get them to resonate, and the oscillations get bigger.

    And if they get big enough, maybe they escape whatever box they were locked in.

    As I said, my theories have got more complicated. But I still don't see what you are doing. Mostly not, in any case.

    Good luck with whatever you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've made it quite clear what I'm doing Maria, I'm just watching the wheels go round and round :-)
      I'm just observing and having a laugh at people like you who have to try and come up with a theory about how it all works ... and good luck with that Maria.

      Delete