Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 11, 2013

Kickstarter Debate Raging Over Celebrities Projects

" Kickstarter has been criticized on and off in recent months for allowing celebrities to use the crowdfunding service to raise money — most recently Zach Braff, who raised 
more than $2 million on Kickstarter for a follow-up to his movie Garden State."
Kickstarter Responds to Critics of Zach Braff's Campaign
 Ken Levine set the cat among the pigeons with this post at his blog -
 I won't give Zach Braff one dime

I like the idea of funding both celebrities and newbies alike, I think there is room for both.
Rae Dawn Chong in Jeff: Who Lives at Home.
Talking about Kick-starter like projects, there is only 4 DAYS TO GO to get 
Rae Dawn Chong's The Celebrant TV show project funded.
The Celebrant

A new audio magazine from Sync Book Radio

My oldest son is named Kevin, if you hadn't heard me mention that before ;-)

2 comments:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

Love Sarandon in anything she does. She's good, in everything.

Mike Perry said...

I don't know much about Kickstarter but I can understand the Zach Braff controversy and celebs perhaps hi-jacking the concept. But maybe 'there are no wrong numbers' and 'everything happens for a reason'