Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 24, 2017

Astrology: Give Me a Sign ... or Two?

I read an article on the Huffington Post website this morning about a new motel opening in Sydney billed as the first motel in the world based on astrology -
You Can Now Go To A World-First Astrology Hotel in Sydney
Stars Like You
At the
start of the article on the HP website it states, 
"When it comes to astrology, we generally fall into two camps: those who are infatuated by it and those who just don't get it."
Well, I'd have to say that I am in a third camp then, because I'm intrigued by astrology, but I don't get how it works.
I get how astrologers tell you how it is supposed to work, but that doesn't make sense to me because it really can't work the way they tell you it works on a scientific basis, but it does seem to work for some other unknown reason, much like the I Ching seems to work in a way.
I was born on the cusp of Virgo & Libra, September 23rd
I was born right on the cusp between Virgo and Libra, so I've always seen myself as having two star signs, although I tend to swing more towards Libra than Virgo, but I would have to say that I'm neither one nor the other and more of a mix of the two.
I don't have a great deal of faith in astrology, because of the way it is said to work by reading the star's paths in the sky.
I'd much rather rely on signs from the universe given to me in a synchronistic way, than on my star chart, but I have seen quite a lot of good predictions come true for me from friends who were into astrology and read my stars and gave me a forecast, so there does seem to be something to it, which seems to operate better than chance.
When I was last staying down in Canberra I was looking for a good bottle of wine to drink one night and I thought that I would just read the labels and go with something I felt was a sign from the universe for me at the time, and I stumbled across a bottle that had a heap of gold award shields on it with the name of 'Twelve Signs' on the label and a picture of a set of scales and a reading for a person born under the star sign of Libra (my sign ... or one of them at least).
There were no other star signs on any of the other bottles of this wine that were on the shelf, so I took this as a sign to buy it.
I noticed that the 'Twelve Signs' wine label also had a sparkling wine, and because I was heading to Sydney that same weekend to watch my football team play in the NRL grand final, I bought a bottle to keep in my Sydney motel bar fridge, just in case I had something to celebrate after coming back from the grand final.
As luck, or my stars would have it, I would be going back to my Sydney motel bar fridge and opening that bottle after the game, and it was the sweetest wine I had ever tasted ... but that would have been the case for any sparkling wine I had of drunk after that game.
Grand final night 2016, back in
my motel room
after the game
So maybe next time I'm down in Sydney I'll stay in The Ultimo motel and live like a star ... but which one?-)
And hopefully it will be when I go down to see the Sharks play in the 2017 NRL grand final.
My son and I (red ring) at the 2016 NRL grand final after the game

No comments:

Post a Comment