Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 13, 2018

Agent Cooper: "I don't like birds"?!

Something that flew over my head the first time round when I watched 'Twin Peaks' was Agent Dale Cooper's admission that he didn't like birds.
WTF?
I can understand not liking those creepy ass owls, but birds in general?
Mann, That Owl is Freaky, But is it What it Seems to Be?-)
WWW.GALACTICSEED.COM
I couldn't believe Cooper doesn't like birds.
How un-shamanic is that?
I guess it's lucky that Cooper had an alibi when Waldo the talking mynah bird got shot then.
The funny thing though for me is that after re-watching the "who shot Waldo" episode of 'Twin Peaks'mynah birds have been turning up in my backyard in droves.
Mynah birds having a pool party in my backyard yesterday
Mainly because of the birdbath full of water in my backyard it seems.
When I moved into my new home the previous owners had left a birdbath with the basin turned upside down so water couldn't fill up in it.
I moved it to another sunnier part of the garden, but I've never put water into it.
It fills up when it rains and drys out with the heat of the sun.
Because of recent rain the birdbath has been constantly full of water and yesterday while booking my car in to get some tyres fitted, I looked out my window while I was put on hold and saw a flock of mynah birds having a good time around the bird-pool.
I have crows and magpies in my backyard all the time singing to me, but this is the first time I've caught mynah birds hanging around, which I find rather synchy timing after just having watched the 'Twin Peaks' episode featuring the mynah bird and Cooper saying how he doesn't like birds.
Unlike Coop I love birds and these mynahs are pretty smart and fun to watch.
These must be the birds who I hear mimicking my cuckoo clock in the morning, outside my bedroom window. 
I'll have to keep the birdbath topped up with water from now on, so they have something to drink and swim in each day.
I would slip in a little alcohol for them to drink, but I don't want to be charged with supplying alcohol to mynahs:-)
Twitching in My Backyard

3 comments:

  1. "Babel 17" is a science fiction novel where the main character, a female poet, doesn't like minah birds. It takes a while into the novel until she explains why: when she was a child, she encountered a minah bird that had been taught to say "hello". She's a telepath (sort of, it's hard to explain), and she can tell that what the bird is actually thinking is "here comes another big worm", because the bird was trained to say hello by feeding it worms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that opens up a whole other can of worms
    then Maria ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha...lovin the one liners!

    ReplyDelete