Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 28, 2018

One Amazing Day at the Cinema

I pretty much spent most of yesterday at the cinema watching two movies I nearly didn't bother going to see.
I doubt if I would have been persuaded to go for a drive to the cinema to see either one of these movies on its own, but the fact that it was cheap Tuesday and that the two movies played one after the other in the same cinema for the times I wanted to see them was a bonus.
Cinema #1 reminds me of the "Black Lodge"
 out of the 'Twin Peaks' TV show
Inside the "Black Lodge" from 'Twin Peaks'
The thing was I had read some real bad reviews of 'That's Not My Dog' and a storm was forecast to hit as I would be driving home from the cinema along one of the most notorious roads for crashes in and around Brisbane.
Logan Lucky: Mountain Mamma, Take Me "Home" Country Roads?
I was looking for a sign as to whether I should go to the movies and chance the weather and I saw that sign when I read the current post at my friends 'Synchrosecrets' blog about their dogs.
"That's Not My Dog/s"? 
I had more than half made up my mind NOT to go until I read that post, but I saw that as a sign that I should go and in hindsight I'm glad that I did go.
I enjoyed both movies, but more so the Earth movie, as it was a great movie to contemplate my life among all life on the planet.
And I will never go near a giraffe in real life again after watching how deadly they are with their necks and heads when they fight each other.
And the mayfly scene is worth contemplating when you know that for the mayfly that will be their last day on the earth.
The mayfly scene out of the movie 'Earth: One Amazing Day'
I enjoyed 'That's Not My Dog' not because of the average and sometimes cringe worthy jokes, but because of the familiar faces in the movie and that backyard Aussie party feel that I know well.
Plus, I had no idea that Russell Morris and his band were going to be in the movie until I saw him and the band up there on the big screen.
Just What is "The Real Thing" Anyway?
Although seeing Russell up on the screen I kind of thought that this might be the universe's way of saying to me that now I have driven down here knowing the conditions on the road on the way home would be deadly that this might be my last day on earth, too.
So, I was glad to walk in through my front door in one piece and alive.
I enjoyed my day out at the cinema and would highly recommend seeing 'Earth: One Amazing Day' on the big screen. 
Although,"Flat-Earthers" like "Mad" Mike Hughes will of course just see 'Earth: One Amazing Day' as a conspiracy movie trying to convince people that the world is round.
The Mad World of a Flat-Earther
But I'm sorry to say to Mike that the "Flat Earth" theory is just not my dog I'm afraid:-)
Stuff They Don't Want You to Know: The Flat Earth Update

No comments:

Post a Comment