Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 3, 2018

50 Years of Mr. Freedom and Rosemary's Baby and 40 Years of Halloween?

Donald  Pleasence in 'Wake in Fright'
I was watching a You Tube by SYNK CENTURY called, 'Decrypting Prince of Darkness [Part 1]', which is about a John Carpenter film from the 80s where Donald Pleasence played the priest in that movie.
I have never seen the movie 'Prince of Darkness' and I don't think I'll bother, either, but from the trailer of the movie, as well as from watching SYNC CENTURY's You Tube about the movie, it looks like it is some grind-house movie version of 'Rosemary's Baby' and its themes of a satanic child being brought into the world through a human birth.
2018 is the 50th anniversary of 'Rosemary's Baby' hitting cinema screens and it is also the 40th anniversary of JC's 'Halloween' starring Donald Pleasence hitting cinema screens.
But 2018 is also the 50th anniversary of an obscure French film starring Donald Pleasence as Dr. Freedom.
I have never heard of, or seen this movie before, either, but I came across it in Donald's IMDB acting credits this morning.
AKA 'Outback'
As I'm working on another post about a movie featuring Donald Pleasence, called 'Wake in Fright' and linking it up in a synchromystic post with Margot Robbie playing Sharon Tate in an upcoming Tarantino movie being filmed in the year of the 50th anniversary of Roman Polanski's 'Rosemary's Baby'.
I thought it was interesting that Pleasence played the President in Carpenter's 'Escape from New York' and Dr. Freedom in the French movie 'Mr. Freedom' and that in 2018 the world has a US President who hails from New York.
And while I have never watched any of the "Escape from..." movies of Carpenter's I noticed that eye-patch was familiar to something I wrote about in this post not long ago - 
Synchromystic I N I T I ▲ T I O N?
'The Secret History of Twin Peaks'
Pleasence as Blofeld in 'You Only Live Twice'
I must say that the Bond villain Pleasence plays does seem to favour that left eye I noticed;-)
Pleasence as SEN in 'THX1138'
Red pill (right eye/left brain)/Blue pill
(
left eye/right brain)?
The good doctor seems to have
the
wrong glasses on here

No comments:

Post a Comment