Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 3, 2024

Radio Free Albemuth (VALISystem A)?πŸ“‘πŸ›°

"Radio Free Albemuth is a dystopian novel by Philip K. Dick, written in 1976 and published posthumously in 1985. Originally titled VALISystem A, it was his first attempt to deal in fiction with his experiences of early 1974. When his publishers at Bantam requested extensive rewrites he canned the project and reworked it into the VALIS trilogy. Arbor House acquired the rights to Radio Free Albemuth in 1985. They then published an edition under the current title (the original was too close to VALIS), prepared from the corrected typescript given by Dick to his friend Tim Powers."
I finally read/listened to the novel 'Radio Free Albemuth' this week and then rewatched my Kickstarter DVD I received as a reward back in 2014 for being one of the backers to get the film on cinema screens that year.
My #200 of 1000 RFA 
Kick-starter reward DVDs
I think the film was very faithful to the novel when I watched the movie yesterday.
I just can't work out why the movie isn't more available on streaming services like Amazon Prime or Tubi ... or any of the big streaming services?
I can understand the frustration of the Christian couple reviewing the movie in the video below, how one minute it's on Amazon Prime, and the next minute it's gone ... and that was in 2022 when that You Tube was posted.
I'm not a Christian, as these guys define what a Christian is, I was just curious to see their view and beliefs as far as their take on "Christianity" goes:-)
The world is full of Dickheads it would seem?
To be honest, I didn't like the book, but the movie makers did a good job of bringing the book to the screen, I thought.
The only novel I actually bought of Dick's and the first one I ever read is VALIS ... which I'm now about to re-read as the next of Dick's novels.
And I still have Dick's 'The Exegesis of Philip K Dick' to slog through once I make it through his novels ... God help me:-(
Radio Free Albemuth: Isn't It Ironic?

No comments:

Post a Comment