Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 2, 2024

Auto-Bibliotherapy?✍πŸ“–πŸ’»

From 'Watching the Tree to Catch a Hare' 
When I was reading the book
'Watching the Tree to Catch a Hare' the author wrote how she was using Bibliotherapy to heal her life, and I couldn't help thinking just how many authors and bloggers I have come across were doing the same ... maybe including me, on a more subconscious level?
But I think Adeline meant more like Auto-bibliotherapy than bibliotherapy, where writing your own story, or semi-fictional story becomes a form of therapy.
Watching the Tree to Catch ... A Butterfly?πŸŒ²πŸ¦‹πŸ‘€
Ironically, I gave my copy of 'Watching the Tree to Catch a Hare' to a neighbourhood book exchange in West End and at the same time picked up two more auto/biographies.
I like reading and listening to "true" stories about real human beings, even though I know that there is no such thing as a fully true story when it comes to people telling their own stories, no matter how "true" they try to be about telling it.
At the moment I'm reading PKD's 'Radio Free Albemuth', which Dick would like you to believe is his semi-autobiographical science fiction story.
I'm not so sure that Auto-bibliotherapy did Dick much good in the long run:-)
And I still have his Exegesis to read yet ... God help me:-)
Radio Free Albemuth
Dick reminds me of "The Owl Guy" Mike Clelland and horror novelist Whitley Strieber, forever trying to make sense of their own life story and the "strange experiences" they encounter by using Auto-bibliotherapy to make more cents of their lives;-)
I guess we all like
a good story, whether we think it is true or not, as long as the authors of those stories think it is true?
Hi, Strangeness podcast: Mike Clelland
I wonder what the word would be for podcast therapy, where a person goes onto as many podcasts that they can to tell their story over and over and over again?-)
We all need a hobby, I guess?
Accidental Initiations

No comments:

Post a Comment