Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 2, 2018

The I Ching and Falling Together in Time?

I was listening to Dr. Beitman's podcast (above) with Mary Kay Landon about the I Ching and they were discussing Carl Jung's introduction to one of the first western translations of the I Ching and Mary mentions about things falling together in time and taking on the same quality of that time, which got me to thinking of the intro song to Lynch and Frost's TV series 'Twin Peaks' and the song 'Falling'.
Maybe this was what Lynch and Frost were hinting at on some level?
I've been reading Benebell Wen's book 'The Tao of Craft' and she mentions the possible myth of the I Ching being passed down from a shaman king.
I like that story about the I Ching whether it is a myth, or not.
I've been meaning to get into studying the I Ching and recently bought some I Ching coin placemats for my dining room table from a store called 'Spotlight' to remind myself to get cracking.
The placemats come in sets of 4, but maybe
they should come in sets of
3 instead?-) 
Coincidence?-)
My I Ching coin placemats
Probably not.
Take a listen to the podcast and check out Mary's 'Decision Point' website and find out how to do or get a reading for the Chinese New Year of the Dog, which will be here in two weeks' time.
Don't just sit there, get cracking;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment