Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 9, 2024

A Scanner Darkly: Book vs Film?πŸŽ₯πŸ“– 🎬

I couldn't get a copy of
PKD's book from my local library, or any libraries around Brisbane and the surrounding areas, but I heard that the movie was pretty faithful to the book, so I just watched my DVD instead.
I had seen the movie years ago when I never knew (or cared) much about PKD's life (and to be honest I still don't really care about his life, because the more I read his work the more of a Dick I think he was). 
I admire people like Richard Linklater more than Dick, who can make a decent movie from his semiautobiographical fiction
I listened to a few podcasts of people who had read the book and seen the movie and the consensus seems to be that the movie is very close to the story in the book.
The Cover to Credits Podcast about the 'A Scanner Darkly' book vs film was my favourite listen.
And they reminded me that Alex Jones, the biggest Dick of them all was featured in the 2006 movie.
Could you imagine Alex Jones on drugs?
The Alex Jones/Joe Rogan Experience?
My next PKD book to read is 'Radio Free Albemuth' which I have been told by my library they can't supply to me with either, so I may have to listen to the above You Tube before I watch my DVD of it again.
I remember liking the movie when I watched it years ago, again not knowing or caring that much about Dick at the time -
Radio Free Albemuth: Isn't It Ironic?
To be honest, now that I'm nearing the end of Dick's novels, I'm getting sick of Dick and wish I never bought his exegesis, which I'm yet to read. 
PKD was Cracked?πŸ₯šπŸ³

No comments:

Post a Comment