Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 20, 2024

The Kindly Ones!?πŸ“–πŸ˜πŸ’­πŸ¦‹

I placed an order at my local library for an inter-library loan for one of the 1001 books I'm told I should read before I die, and when I picked the book up at my library found it was nearly 1000 pages long.
This was the next book in chronological order when working my way backyards from the end of the book -
Half of a Yellow Sun?πŸŒπŸŒ„
I didn't know if I wanted to force myself to read a 1000-page book over a month that I might find wasn't worth my time reading it in the end, so I searched You Tube for reviews of the book and found the reviewers in the You Tubes I have included in this post.
They didn't really sell me on reading this book, so I thought I would read the first few pages to see if there was a hook in those first few pages that would make me feel like I should read the book.
On the first page was an analogy of a butterfly to a human being, and I had just had a few WTF(?) butterfly synchronicites in my life a few days before picking up this book from the library -
Another personal synch was the date the book was published.
My father died on that date in 2016 and he was part Jewish, as far as family background goes -
"Littell is the son of author Robert Littell. Although his grandparents were Jews who emigrated from Russia to the United States at the end of the 19th century, Littell does not define himself as a Jew "at all," and is quoted as saying, "for me Judaism is more [of] a historical background."
That won't keep you out of the death camps if history repeats Jonathan.
And it looks like I have some very heavy reading ahead because of you Jonathan:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment