Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 5, 2024

Moon Rituals?๐ŸŒš๐ŸŒ‘๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ•

I wrote a recent post about how my late brother's birthday fell on a full moon in 2024, which also happened to be the anniversary of the date my divorce was finalized and how I was planning to have pizza for dinner that night -
Unfortunately, my youngest son wanted to see the movie 'Force of Nature: The Dry 2' that night and have fish and chips for dinner, so I had to have pizza on Sunday night instead -
If You Are Going to Do a Kubrick on a Book, at Least Make a Better Shining Story of IT Robert?๐ŸŽฅ๐Ÿ“•๐ŸŽฌ๐Ÿคก
Even though I knew that Chinese New Year kicks off on the new moon each year, I didn't realize that celebrations lasted until the day after the full moon that month -
๐ŸฒEnter the 2024 Dragon?๐Ÿ‰
Fifteenth day
Main article: Lantern Festival

The fifteenth day of the new year is celebrated as the Lantern Festival, also known as the Yuanxiao Festival (simplified Chinese: ๅ…ƒๅฎต่Š‚; traditional Chinese: ๅ…ƒๅฎต็ฏ€; pinyin: Yuรกn xiฤo jiรฉ), the Shangyuan Festival (simplified Chinese: ไธŠๅ…ƒ่Š‚; traditional Chinese: ไธŠๅ…ƒ็ฏ€; pinyin: Shร ng yuรกn jiรฉ), and Chap Goh Meh (Chinese: ๅไบ”ๆš; Pe̍h-ลe-jฤซ: Cha̍p-gล͘-mรช; lit. 'the fifteen night' in Hokkien). Rice dumplings, or tangyuan (simplified Chinese: ๆฑคๅœ†; traditional Chinese: ๆนฏๅœ“; pinyin: tang yuรกn), a sweet glutinous rice ball brewed in a soup, are eaten this day. Candles are lit outside houses as a way to guide wayward spirits home. Families may walk the streets carrying lanterns, which sometimes have riddles attached to or written on them as a tradition.

In China and Malaysia, this day is celebrated by individuals seeking a romantic partner, akin to Valentine's Day. Nowadays, single women write their contact number on mandarin oranges and throw them in a river or a lake after which single men collect the oranges and eat them. The taste is an indication of their possible love: sweet represents a good fate while sour represents a bad fate.

This day often marks the end of the Chinese New Year festivities.
Sunday night I ordered a Napoletana pizza from a local pizza shop and drank red wine and listened to Tony Bellino sing Italian songs about the moon hitting your eye like a big pizza pie:-)
And when I went out in my backyard on Moonday morning to throw my empty pizza box in my recycling bin, there was the moon hitting my eye right before sunrise.
And on a personal weird 2024 note, my younger living brother's birthday in March is the day before the full moon that marks Easter:-)
Why Must Rome Fix Easter
 to the Full Moon
?
I find it amusing that the Year of the Rabbit ended when the Year of the Dragon came in and that Easter Moonday will be April 1st this year (AKA April Fool's Day):-)
I realize now that not only did I give away my half-read copy of 'Force of Nature' to a West End neighbourhood lending library the night I went to see 'Force of Nature: The Dry 2', I also gave away my copy of 'Watching the Tree' on the night of that full moon:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment