Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 17, 2024

'The Awakening' of Kate Chopin and Some Experiences of an Irish R. M.?πŸ˜΄πŸ€

I finished reading
/listening to Kate Chopin's 'The Awakening' on International Women's Day and should finish 'Some Experiences of an Irish R. M.' on St. Patrick's Day, 2024, oddly enough, in a synchromystic way, as I never planned it that way, as I'm just reading the books out of '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' in chronological order of the one's that I can get my hands on from libraries or free podcast readings.
I had never heard of Kate Chopin before reading the 1001 books book.
I think I was more interested in Kate's biography and writing career than her book 'The Awakening'.
"The Awakening was particularly controversial upon publication in 1899. Although the novel never was technically banned, it was censored. Chopin's novel was considered immoral for its comparatively frank depictions of female sexual desire and for its depiction of a protagonist who chafed against social norms and established gender roles. The public reaction to the novel was similar to the protests that greeted the publication and performance of Henrik Ibsen's landmark drama A Doll's House (1879), a work with which The Awakening shares an almost identical theme. Both contain a female protagonist who abandons her husband and children for self-fulfilment."
I even listened to podcasts about
Kate Chopin, which often involved a reading of one of her short stories as a bonus.
The Catholic Reading Challenge: Kate Chopin 
I realized through listening to the above podcasts that I really like reading and listening to biographies, more than straight fiction (
biographies are always part fiction) and as I was listening to these two Catholic podcasters, I was wondering what made their lives tick, their beliefs and their life stories:-)
The Catholic Reading Challenge Episode 13:
 Biographies -- Getting Lost in a Good Story
Some biographies I have to read still
Everyone has a story to tell it seems, but how many would be best-sellers?-)
Ironically, Kate Chopin's themes of divorce and suicide, etc, would seem anti-Catholic to me, so it's interesting that two Catholic podcasters would be interested in her books and stories, to my mind.
Ah, the spiritual rabbit holes I get into in my reading choices>:-)
It must be getting close to Easter>?-)
St. Patrick's Day2024
Anyway, I've got Guiness to drink and 
'Some Experiences of an Irish R. M.' to finish listening to today, and I'm not even IrishRoman Catholic or religious ... but I am spiritual, though;-)
Cheers.
The Holy Trinity:-) 
Happy St. Patrick's Day:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment