Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 30, 2024

And So, This is Easter ... and What Have You Watched? πŸ“ΊπŸ•³πŸ‡πŸ°

I've been wondering what to watch over
Easter and have had no shortage of suggestions from cinema and TV streaming companies from e-mails hitting my inbox this Easter.
I like how 20th anniversary screenings of 'The Passion of the Christ' started on March 27th, World Theatre Day -
Happy World Theatre Day ... Break a Leg? 🎭
The Passion of the Christ (2004)
'The Passion of the Christ' turns 20 this year I'm told, but seeing it again was like me reading The Bible from cover-to-cover years ago, once is enough for me for this lifetime anyway;-)
As for 'Watership Down' ... no thanks Doc>:-)
I did start watching my DVD copy of the 1977 TV series 'Jesus of Nazareth' thinking it was a movie, but realizing it ran for something like 328 minutes when I made it to where Michael York enters as John the Baptist.
I'll have to watch the rest before Sunday comes around, since I did start watching it on Good Friday, so spreading the series out over 3 days seems fitting, I think.
The only reason I bought the DVD set in the first place was to see Robert Powell playing Jesus, as I had watched him in 'Jude, the Obscure' and couldn't get over how green his eyes looked.
Then I picked up the DVD of 'Jesus of Nazareth' and saw he had bright blue eyes as Jesus and thought how did they go from green in 'Jude, the Obscure' to bright blue as Jesus?
Jude the Obscure: The Last Book of Thomas Hardy's I Must Read Before I Die?⛪πŸ’ŒπŸ“š
To me 
Robert Powell was always Tommy's dad Captain Walker, as I hadn't really seen him in anything I watched growing up over the years, apart from 'Tommy'.
Who knew?-)
That part of The Bible was probably just made up, right?-)
Maybe I'll have to give 'Tommy' another watch this weekend after I've finished watching 'Jesus of Nazareth'?
I wrote about seeing the 40th anniversary screening of 'Tommy' in this old post -
Immaculate (2024)
So many movies to watch over the Easter holidays, and yet so little time.
Happy Easter>;-)
Immaculate?⛪πŸ‘ΌπŸ₯šπŸ€

No comments:

Post a Comment