Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 19, 2024

BEAUTY, her BEAST, and the BLOSSOMING SELF?🌹πŸͺž⏰

I finally watched the live action version of Beauty and the Beast after listening to a 'This Jungian Life' podcast episode titled 'BEAUTY, her BEAST, and the BLOSSOMING SELF'.
Beauty and the Beast (2017)
I didn't realize it at the time, but I had watched it on March 17th (St. Patrick's Day) this year, which is exactly 7 years since the film was released.
And it was also Jake Kotze's birthday:-)
The Siren Song, Cults, Sam Harris, Gods and Years Ending in 7?
I watched the movie on a DVD that synchromystically crossed paths with me in an Op Shop a week or two ago and came with the music video as a bonus.
The live action Disney version seems rather Masonic in theme with a character representing time (the clock) and a character representing light (the candelabra). 
And the Beast looks rather Pan like, not that that is a Masonic thing, but isn't Pan the god of music?
And my "old mate" the "Owl Guy" over at "The Hidden Experience" blog would get a kick out of the appearance of an owl as Bell's father lay dying in the woods;-)
Owls, iPads, Crows and Trippy Messages?
Hard Being Me?
And in my hometown of Brisbane, you can't help but see Beauty and the Beast everywhere, especially if you read the newspapers.
I notice that there seems to be a trend lately with Jungians examining fairy tales for Jungian themes, and even the current 'Barbie' movie goes under the Jungian microscope.
C.G. Jung Institute of Chicago
I have to say that being a straight "white" male, that the Beauty and the Beast story has never appealed to me.
Maybe I'll just have to get tickets to the Cinderella ballet instead?-)
4.2% alcohol?!
And I must say that it's easier to watch a movie like 
Beauty and the Beast with 3 cans of Guinness under your belt;-)
Hey, traditions are hard to break from previous years -

No comments:

Post a Comment