Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 24, 2017

FUTURE FOSSILS #41 – HANNAH YATA (ART, WILDERNESS, REBELLION), the Movie 'Mother!' and Being at the Crossroads

I listened to a 'Future Fossils' podcast a few days before my two sons took me out on my birthday for lunch and a movie.
2016-2017
FUTURE FOSSILS #0041HANNAH YATA (ART, WILDERNESS, REBELLION)
The movie we all agreed to see was Darren Aronofsky's 'Mother!', which is ironic, because I'm divorced from their mother now.
I love Aronofsky's movies, but when I read a movie review by a local movie critic in my local paper, I was a bit worried to say the least.
But I realized after watching 'Mother!' that this movie reviewer was a clueless dick when it came to reviewing movies and really shouldn't be in this line of work if that's what he got from watching this movie.
The only soundtrack credit on the film 'Mother!' is 'The End of the World' written by Sylvia Dee and Arthur Kent and performed by Patti Smith.
I had never heard of Patti Smith singing a version of this song and thought they must have meant Patti Page, because that was the only version that I was familiar hearing growing up.
Patti Page dies aged 85 ... and a Personal Sync for Me
Outside the Crossroads tent with Patti Smith
singing Bob Dylan's
'A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall'
I got to see Patti Smith play the Easter weekend in Byron Bay this year where she sung covers of Bob Dylan's songs -
The (Not-Quite?) Departed
The weird thing about Patti singing 'The End of the World' in the You Tube above at the premier in Darren's movie 'Mother!' is that she also sings her hit 'Because the Night', which was co-written with Bruce Springsteen, who also shares the 23rd of September as his birthday with me.
Ironically September 23rd 2017 is meant to be the end of the world according to some nut-bag who has spread the meme over the internet this year.
Hannah Yata
It may not be the end of the world yet, but we are definitely at some kind of crossroads, as far as the planet is concerned.
Anyway, great podcast with Hannah and Michael at 'Future Fossils' which is worth listening to and go see 'Mother!' and make up your own mind about it.
And be warned that 'Mother!' is as violent as reading through The Bible, for some reason;-)
And checkout Hannah's great art here.

No comments:

Post a Comment