Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 20, 2017

Who Can You Trust, if You Can't Trust Your Friends?

At the end my whale-watching post I wrote about a guy who appeared to be hoodwinked and was about to be tossed off a jetty and under an incoming whale watching vessel -
"And just when I thought there could be no more weird surprises on this whale watching trip, we were greeted with a film crew and some guy tied up and blind-folded and about to be pushed under a docking whale-watching boat by his "friends"."
Successful Whale Watching Thought Experiment ... or Just a Big Coincidence?
I'd been out in the bay watching whales for most of the day, but this was truly the most bizarre thing I had seen that day.
Maybe he was just going to sing a P!nk number, who knows?
The captain of the whale watching vessel couldn't believe what she was seeing either I'll bet and asked them to please go and kill your friend someplace else, as we are about to dock a bloody big boat where you are about to push your friend into".
Although she didn't say it quite like that, as I'm translating her words here.
So, his "friends" led him of to safer waters ... maybe?
Luckily for me by the time they had set up the shot for the cameras I was off the boat and on to the jetty for a bird's eye view for whatever these guys were going to do to their friend.
I had no idea whether these guys were Freemasons, Christians baptizing a new member into their weird church, or maybe both.
I noticed that there was something tied around his waist like a cable tow.
When the cameras had stopped rolling, I yelled down to them and asked them what the film was for.
They told me they were making a motivational film about trust, which they screen to high school kids around the area.
The blindfolded guy was meant to think that he was going bungee jumping ... hence the rope tied around his waist ... which probably would have left him with a broken back if he was really going to do a bungee jump with the rope tied like that.
The night before they told me that they put him on stage at a real stand-up comedy club blindfolded.
Ha-ha!
Who needs enemies I say.
I saw the film crew's van when I was walking back to my car and decided to look them up on the net when I got home.
I got a kick out of their website when I saw that they were based in the suburb of Deception Bay.
Sounds kind of appropriate from what I had seen from them on Monday down by the bay.
Well, it looks like Motivational Media make some interesting films and presentations, but if it's one thing they taught me on Monday is when it comes to trusting people that there is only one person in this world you can really trust and that's yourself and don't be hoodwinked by your "friends" either.
Keep your eyes open at all times or you might end up under a whale watching vessel and sleeping with the fishes.
;-)
And on the subject of "motivational media" I found Tracey Spicer's Redcliffe walk of fame frame.
Apart from the Acid on the Road I Had a Good Trip
I also came across Mel Gibson's Redcliffe walk of fame frame, which I thought was a good sign, since I was wearing my 'Signs' watch that day.
Stop the Clocks? Signs? 
The Bee Gee's Redcliffe walk of fame frame
The Lore of Synchronicity?

UPDATE: 
The hoodwink scene was shot for this film above by the looks of the trailer.
It took me years to realize that this guy being pushed off a Redcliffe jetty by his mates as the whale watching boat was trying to dock was Ryan Campbellwho was the youngest person to fly solo around the world at one time and nearly died in a Tiger Moth plane crash years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment