Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 15, 2024

Jude the Obscure: The Last Book of Thomas Hardy's I Must Read Before I Die?⛪πŸ’ŒπŸ“š

As
fate would have it, I started reading Thomas Hardy's last novel (or listening to it being read to me) 'Jude the Obscure' on January 11th, 2024, which I didn't realize at the time I started reading it was the anniversary of Hardy's passing.
'Jude the Obscure' is one of them
I also watched on Thursday my
DVD of Roman Polanski's 'Tess', based on the Hardy book '
Tess of the d'Urbervilles', which I had already read and wrote about in this old post -
Hypatia of Alexandria and Other Female Figures of Mythistory?πŸŽ₯πŸ“–πŸ“š
Polanski even dedicated 'Tess' to his late wife Sharon Tate I noticed in the opening credits of the film.
Now I want to see the film 'Jude' made by Michael Winterbottom in 1996, before I put Hardy's work behind me.
And while Paul McCartney claims he wrote 'Hey Jude' for Julian and/or John Lennon, I can't help but think Paul had read Hardy's 'Jude the Obscure' novel and used the themes for that song maybe and obscured the fact?-)
Far from the Madding Crowd?⛪πŸ‘πŸŒ

No comments:

Post a Comment