Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 7, 2024

Blazing Saddles the Film You Couldn't Make Today Turns 50 in 2024?πŸ«˜πŸ€ πŸŽ‚πŸŽ¬

I watched
'Blazing Saddles' last night for the first time in about 40 years.
I thought I had a copy around the home on DVD, because I have a Mel Brooks collection pack and assumed wrongly that 'Blazing Saddles' was included in that collection, but I realized that I have never owned a copy of 'Blazing Saddles' and that the last time I saw the movie was when I asked my mum to take me to the cinema to see it when I was about 9 or 10 years old.
I remember being horrified having dragged my mum out of the house to see that movie, as I had never heard the taboo word SHIT used on screen in a movie before, never mind the rest of the obscene gags and fart jokes in the film.
And if Minty is right in his '10 Things You Didn't Know About Blazing Saddles' You Tube above, maybe the fart joke in movies was invented 50 years ago this year, too:-P
There are still a few movies in that
DVD collection that I'm yet to watch, such as 'The Twelve Chairs' and 'Life Stinks' ... and maybe I'll have to give the rest a rewatch this year and see where I would place 
'Blazing Saddles' in my list of Mel's best films.
So far, my favourite is 'Silent Movie' but I guess that 'Blazing Saddles' is right up there now I've finally seen it through adult eyes in 2024:-)
Punching Horses and Blazing Saddles?

No comments:

Post a Comment