Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 26, 2024

MONKEY?!πŸ’πŸ΅

When I was sorting donations at the Op Shop on the anniversary of my older brother's death, I came across a stuffed toy monkey that looked quite similar to the monkey I once owned and gave to him to keep when he was put in a home not long before he died.
The only difference was my old monkey that I gave him had a hat and was wearing a t-shirt and may have been a shade darker brown than the one I came across on Friday.
I have never come across a monkey like it while sorting donations in this Op Shop, which I have worked in a few days a week for over a year, so to come across this monkey on the anniversary of my brother's passing was an eerie coincidence to say the least. 
I had to buy it to show my family members and it sits in my living room (ironically) until I can show my youngest son, then I'll probably give it to my niece's little boy who was born on Saturday.
I wrote about the monkey I once owned in this old post about the Day of the Dead (ironically) -
Sing & Don't Cry
I also watched the late Morgan Spurlock directed 'The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special - In 3-D! On Ice!'  yesterday for the first time in a shaky handheld camera recording of the show in a You Tube.
And what does Morgan mention in that Simpsons Special, but a monkey.
Doh!
If life ain't funny it certainly is ironic, I reckon.
Morgan Spurlock Lived a Life That Was Full ... and with Fries on the Side?πŸŸπŸ”πŸ€‘
Me in blue with my older brother
Dolphin Dreaming: Breath

No comments:

Post a Comment