Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 3, 2024

Tarot and Tomatoes?πŸŽ₯πŸ…πŸ₯«πŸƒ

I saw the movie 'Tarot' at the cinema last night and my advice to you would be don't.
There's usually a very good reason why a movie doesn't have a Rotten Tomato rating just before it hits cinema screens with a splat;-)
Tarot PG-13, In Theaters Fri May 3,
1h 32m, Horror/Mystery & Thriller
My youngest son just got back from 10 days in The United States of America, and I had suggested we see the movie 'Civil War' at the cinemas on his next night off work, as I had already seen it while he was in The States and I liked it.
4 Movies in One Day?🍿🎦
Alex Garland Reveals How Civil War is Partly Autobiographical?πŸŽ₯πŸ’£✍
Unfortunately, there were no suitable sessions of the movie playing at a time to suit us, so my son suggested the movie 'Tarot' and I said why not, as the trailer and poster looked OK, and besides if the movie was bad, it probably wouldn't be getting a cinema release, right?
Wrong!
I thought it was going to be a movie like 'Talk to Me', which is worth the price of a cinema ticket in my book, but 'Tarot' was like one of those B-Grade horror flicks that used to go straight to rental when video and DVD stores were a thing in the 90s. 
Did Mick Garris Say "Talk To Me"?πŸŽ₯πŸ€πŸ‘„πŸ˜Ά✋🎬
I couldn't even recommend you watch
'Tarot' on a free streaming service when its cinema run is over, it's that bad.
If anything, I'd just have to write the night off as a donation to keep one of my favourite Brisbane cinemas alive.
And I did have a good meal at one of my favourite Fish shops at West End before the movie.
And I did pick out two interesting looking books from the neighbourhood book exchange down the road from the Fish shop, which I never would have bought in a bookstore to read.
I guess it was just our fate to see this movie.
I just wish I could have done a reading (on Rotten Tomatoes) before choosing our fate last night;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment