Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 7, 2024

Leonard Nimoy (Spock) and The Dalai Lama?๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿคฉ

While I am a fan of
Buddhism, I swing more to Chinese/Indian and Japanese [Zen] 
Buddhism than Tibetan Buddhism and I have to admit that I'm not a Trekkie or even a fan of the show. 
And while I'm a believer in "God" I'm not a big fan of religious leaders as "God's Representative" for us wayward monkeys down here on Earth, as much as I do respect these religious leaders as representatives of their own religions and cultures.
I did go and see the current Dalai Lama in the late 80s in my hometown of Brisbane in a park right across from the church that I'm still a member of and used to attend frequently at the time.
And I did jump the fence of my childhood home in the 80s and watch the then current Pope, Pope JPII come down the road and wave at us in his Popemobile on his way to the QEII Stadium.
JPII is still playing a big part in my life today, and I'm not even a Roman Catholic, but that's a post for some time way down the track, as let's just say that story is way too close to home, so to speak;-)
Not that it's anything bad, it's just too personal for me to write about it right now ... so maybe later some time?
I was listening to the 'Thrift Shop Biography Podcast' about The Dalai Lama when I noticed the current podcast about Leonard Nimoy had hit my Apple Podcast playlist, so I gave it a listen, too.
I must say that while I do work part time in a Thrift Shop/Op Shop I can't recall ever coming across the biographies of Leonard Nimoy or The Dalai Lama, and believe me that I would have bought them to read if I had.
Lived Long and Prospered?

No comments:

Post a Comment