Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 24, 2024

Hanging a Lantern on a Lantern?ðŸŪ🎃🃏

I found it quite personally
synchromystic that the latest 'The Incomparable Mothership' podcast to hit my iPad was called '
Hang a Lantern on a Lantern' and was about the movie 'Matrix Resurrections', the 4th movie in the "Matrix trilogy":-)
The Matrix 4?
Hang a Lantern on a Lantern
Especially as I had just placed a battery powered lantern on top of my fridge that I found stored in the back of my kitchen pantry that I was cleaning out to make way for my youngest son moving in with me soon.
I thought that would be a more convenient place for it if the power went out in the coming storm season that we are about to enter soon here in Australia.
Not only that, but the lantern is symbolic of The Hermit in the tarot, which I just wrote a recent post about two days before that podcast episode dropped -
The Hermit?ðŸĄðŸƒðŸ™ƒðŸĶ
And the funny thing was I just had to move my DVDs into my computer room from the living room to make way for my son's furniture when he moves in, and The Matrix DVDs caught my eye as I was reloading all my DVDs into the cabinet in alphabetical order, and I thought to myself at the time that I should really give them a watch again soon and try and watch the 4th one on a streaming service.
I originally put the 'The Incomparable Mothership' podcast on my Apple Podcast list when I was searching for podcast episodes about the current batch of 'Planet of the Ape' movies, which I haven't watched yet.
But that's for a future post, maybe?
My living room is looking a bit empty at the moment with my DVD cabinet now upstairs and my rug moved to where my dining table used to be.
After I wrote this post I went and watched 'Matrix Resurrections' last night right through the credits and at the end was this joke about 'The Catrix', which sounded a very Chris Knowles/'The Secret Sun' piece of pessimism to me:-)
This was the dialogue from the scene right at the end of the film -
"Face reality, people. Movies are dead. Games are dead. Narrative? Dead! Media is nothing but neuro-trigger response and viral conditioning. Wait, what are you two talking about? Cat videos. What we need is a series of videos that we call 'The Catrix'."

UPDATE: September 26th, 2024
A local cinema e-mailed me about a CatVideoFest happening this weekend, so someone may have watched right to the end of the credits of 'Matrix 4' and thought those guys had a great idea:-)
But not me:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment