Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 7, 2024

The Good Mourning Podcast is Back and on September 6th?🎤👻🦋

And back with an interview with Allison DuBois and on the anniversary of Burt Reynolds' passing on September 6th?
And exactly one week from the anniversary of my own dad's passing on September 13th, which falls on a Friday this year?!
Looks like you can count on numbers as signs?-)
That You Tube above is not the full podcast episode, as the full podcast episode starts off with a talk about the hosts attending the Byron Writers Festival as guest panelists, which I wrote about in this recent post -
My POV at the 'Writing Pain' talk at the BWF
Burgers, Missing Loved Ones, Holidays, Movies ... and Would You Like Minimum Fries or Hot Chips with That?
Funny thing is I watched the new Beetlejuice movie on the cinema screen yesterday having watched the original movie on TV the night before, as I was heading for a talk about the Lumina Tarot deck at The Avid Reader bookstore last night.
I wasn't really a fan of the original Beetlejuice movie, which I notice came out in 1988, the year I got married ironically:-)
Love on the Rocks ... A Fool's Journey?
 The talk last night about the Lumina Tarot deck from my POV
While I'm a big fan of
the RW tarot deck as far as symbology goes and the meanings of the cards go, I'm not one for drawing cards to read my future, as I'm too much of a fatalist when it comes to my fate and believe I can't change my real fate, no matter what, otherwise it wouldn't be my fate anyway.
The Fool card reminded me of the artwork I had seen for sale years ago down in Byron -
A Dark Night of the Soul?
I even thought that maybe it was the same artist, but I don't know the name of the artist whose work I had seen for sale in Byron that weekend.
I think I was thinking of another deer drawing when I saw the Fool's card in Lauren's deck and confused the deer artwork I had seen down in Byron -
The World (Wide Web) is a Circle
Being born on the cusp of Virgo/Libra I really like the two cards pictured above from Lauren's deck and that Death Card below really resonates with me on a personal level for some reason -
Crystal Head Vodka, Father's Day and Death
I also like The Star card, because a thought came into my head as I was driving into the CBD to ask Lauren at the talk what her favourite card in the deck was, and that if she said the Star card you'll know that you were meant to be at this talk (because I have an 8-pointed star tattooed on my right wrist).
I thought to myself what a dumb idea, and no, I'm not going to ask her such a stupid question on the night ... but someone in the audience did and Lauren said that The Star Card was her favourite:-)
So, I guess it was my fate to be there on the night?
I guess you could say it was in the cards or written in the stars;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment