Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 8, 2024

Emily ... Brontë?🎭🪦👻

I had been meaning to watch the 2022 movie 'Emily' for some time now, and last week the DVD crossed my path in an Op Shop, and I bought it thinking it was time I watched it, as I'm right into reading and listening to biographies ... and semi-fictious biographies right now -
So how "true" is it?
It's a truly magnificently filmed movie, but it takes a lot of liberties with the life story of Emily 
Brontë and the real-life people around her, I think.
Although it is a thought-provoking pondering into just where such inspiration comes from.
 The talk last night about the Lumina Tarot deck from my POV
And the truly bizarre thing is I started watching this movie on Friday the 6th of September when I came home from a tarot card launch at The Avid Reader bookshop, which I wrote about attending in this recent post -
The Good Mourning Podcast is Back and on September 6th?🎤👻🦋
Emily (2022)
Although, I didn't plan to watch it on Friday night and I didn't watch my DVD I bought.
I was flicking through my STAN streaming service list and saw I had it marked to watch months ago in "my list", so I watched it on STAN.
But I was so tied I fell asleep Friday night watching it and had to watch it from the start on Saturday when I could stay awake.
And I nearly spit my drink out in surprise when I saw that
the real-life 
William Weightman had died on September 6th?!
William Weightman
I find it ironic how the lives of famous authors, actors and musicians become the fodder of semi-fictious biopics and media ... and sometimes it's their own fault -
I couldn't help thinking how Emma Mackey could pass as Margot Robbie's sister while I was watching 
'Emily':-)
Well, Emma did play Physicist Barbie in the Barbie movie;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment