Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 11, 2012

Douglas Adams: Parrots the Universe and Everything

A monolith as a headstone?
And dying in 2001!?
I have not read any of Douglas Adams novels, but I saw some of Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy
I mainly like having a chuckle at quotes that are attributed to him.
I knew he died, but I didn't know when. 
I was surprised that he died on May 11th, 2001, at the age of 49. 
I didn't realize he was that young.
May 11th is my wife's birthday, and her father died from a heart-attack as well.
I thought it was odd that I found this video clip of a talk he gave called, Parrots the Universe and Everything.
Which made me think of what I termed at the time  
"The Parrot Sync"
John and the Wild Parrots
although I was talking about lorikeets I soon found out.
I like how on the You Tube site I got this clip from 
it said there were likes, 23 dislikes.
Which combines  my father's cab number 424 with Douglas Adams' answer to the meaning of life in his Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy novel ... 42.
Or 42/42
Also he was born on the 11 March 1952 and passed on the 11 May 2001.  
11:11???

1 comment:

  1. Wow, not sure how I missed this one. I knew Adams had died, but didn't realize he was so young. Interesting about those 11s!

    ReplyDelete