Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 18, 2012

Movie - The Way

 A while back I bought some music CDs from the English branch of Amazon and there was a suggestion that I might like to purchase a DVD called The Way starring Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez and also written and directed by Emilio Estevez.
I had never heard of this movie before, but I had read Paulo Coelho's book The Pilgrimage, so I knew about the trek through Spain from reading his (in my opinion) thought provoking book.

I loved Emilio's early movies like Repo Man, The Breakfast Club and St Elmo's Fire, but it looks like he really has a promising career as a director/writer if this fine movie is anything to go by.
I loved it.
Makes me want to do the trek myself...second thoughts maybe I'll just watch the movie again?-)
I couldn't find the interviews from the DVD extras, but if you get a copy of the film on DVD be sure to watch those interviews, as well.
5 stars from 5 stars for me.

2 comments:

Mike Perry said...

Thanks for the recommendation, will have to look out for The Way, sounds one I'd like.

Star said...

I've never heard of any of those either. Is the trek a spiritual walk?