Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 8, 2012

The Sync Book: Myths, Magic, Media, and Mindscapes: 26 Authors on Synchronicity

One of the books I am currently reading is the above book,
 THE SYNC BOOK
 I've read the first eight chapters (in other words, the first eight Bloggers) and I'm finding it a great read.

And I love the term Synchromysticism and what it means,
"Nothing in existence is fundamentally divisible or separate. 
All things and events, even the observer of things and events, are part of an inseparable union. 
Synchronicity happens when we notice the bleed-through from one seemingly separate thing into another, or when we for a brief moment move beyond the mind's divisions of the world.
Synchromysticism explores this phenomenon - the interpenetration of all things - and seeks to increase the ability to recognize relationships, by relaxing the rigid conceptualization of the world. 

This inevitably leads to a more joyful and whole everyday experience, as the environment, and person experiencing that environment, become part of a conscious interactive process of Self-Realization."
Jake Kotze

I've always marveled at The Six Degrees of Separation principle and the themes that pop up in pop culture and some of these bloggers are pioneers in this field.
A field I feel compelled to explore.
Great idea for a book and I thoroughly recommend a read of it for anyone interested in Synchronicity and/or  Synchromysticism, no matter whether you agree with these guys, or not.
It certainly is a subject worth contemplating.
http://www.thesyncbook.com/

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Were you one of the bloggers in this book? If not, you definitely should have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re:
    "Were you one of the bloggers in this book?"
    "No,not I" said the fly...sorry,I just love that Peacock Spider in the post below this one and I couldn't help throwing that line in.

    But,if you copy this link into your browser;
    http://thesyncbook.com/authors.html
    There are links to most of the authors and their blogs.
    I don't say I agree with all that they write,but this book is worth a read for sure.
    I love their take on synchronicity.That part rings true with me.
    Bear in mind I've only read the first 9 authors,so I can't vouch for the rest,accept maybe for Jake Kotze and Steve Willner,whose early stuff made me realize that there certainly was something to Synchromysticism.

    I have no plans to be in a book (although I have had two stories told in "Synchronicity and the Other Side") what I have to say I'll say here,for now...but who knows?
    I would never have even thought about putting my weird experiences into a blog format a few years ago either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is meant to be, the universe will nudge you. Well, I have to say, I enjoy reading your posts. We cannot have too many bloggers on synchronicity! I read your posts in Google Reader which doesn't allow for easy commenting, but I thought I would make more of an effort to show that I do read them. :)

    ReplyDelete