Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 26, 2017

5-25-77?

I came across a movie today while researching 2007 movies for a post about that year called '5-25-77'.
According the IMDB movie website this was the most popular film of 2007 ... but there is one hitch ... it was never released that year.
And according to Wikipedia it has never been released, until today in the USA that is.
"5-25-77 is a coming of age film written and directed by 
Patrick Read Johnson and produced by Fred Roos and Gary Kurtz.
It stars John Francis Daley as a teenage filmmaker living in Wadsworth, Illinois, and his excitement for the premiere of Star Wars on May 25, 1977.
Johnson began funding the project in 2001 and filming took place from 2004-2006.
Additional shots were filmed in 2015 and 2016, making the filming course span a total of thirteen years.
The film was first known as
5-25-77; the title was then changed to '77.
In 2012, the title was reverted to 5-25-77.
In an interview
Patrick Read Johnson said the film is finished and has a distributor in place for a theatrical and VOD release.
On
May 25, 2016, Patrick Read Johnson announced via his Twitter feed that the movie will be released on May 25, 2017 in theatres across the nation, 40 years to the day that Star Wars was first released.
Posters for the film were also released that day and Johnson also confirmed that a new trailer is currently in the works."
I also thought it was weird that the second most popular movie on that 2007 was a movie released on May 25, 2007.
Released 2007
And yesterday in Australia the latest Pirate's movie was also released on May 25th, never mind the date on the poster below.
Released 2017
I was going to go and see this new Pirate's movie yesterday, but I decided that I should watch the last one again to brush up on the series first, especially since the last one was based on the book by Tim Powers, PKD's mate.
Which Gordon White alerted me to before I wrote this old post -
What Would Jack Sparrow Do?
So, it appears that I'm on a synchromystic treasure hunt at the moment, as I never would have started researching 2007 movies to start writing my post if I hadn't of written my last post about 
Roger Moore passing away - 
Was the Passing of Roger Moore in 2017 on the Cards?
and realized that I still had to write my 2007 post in the series of posts about the years ending in 7, which were all inspired by Chris Knowles' post called -
The Present Can Only Be Viewed from the Past
And I have to admit that I am a way bigger fan of another 1977 movie release other than 'Star Wars'.
I sure hope '5-25-77' ... or should I say '77 lives up to its hype, when I do finally get to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment