Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 13, 2023

Was Treasure Island Based on a True Story from History?⛵πŸπŸ“–☠

Having just read
/listened to Robert Louis Stevenson's 'Treasure Island', because it's one of the 1001 Books I'm told that I must read before I die (not that I'll probably read even half of those recommended in the book) I watched two movie versions of the book, the 1934 and the 1999 versions.
I would have liked to have watched the 1990 TV movie version starring Charlton Heston as Long John Silver and Christian Bale as Jim Hawkins, as I 've just watched Heston recently in 'Ben-Hur' and Bale in 'The Portrait of a Lady', because they were the last two books I read from the 1001 books I'm to read before I die, before I read 'Treasure Island' -
The Portrait of a Lady, the Titanic, Henry James and Thomas Hardy?🎨🎭🎬
The Mythistory of Lew Wallace and Ben-Hur?πŸ“–πŸŽ₯🎬
Treasure Island TV Movie (1990)
1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
That above podcast reading of 
'Treasure Island', is one of the best readings I have heard of any book I have listened to being read out by one person.
I found it interesting that people have speculated that Tafahi Island near Samoa was the island the loot from Lima was buried on.
"It is speculated by Swiss author Alex Capus, that Robert Louis Stevenson, the author of Treasure Island, found the Treasure of Lima around 1890 on this island while living on the nearby island of Upolu and which made him and his family very rich."
I see Christian Bale was born in 1974, the Year of the Wood Tiger and that Tafahi Island, while closer to Samoa (where Robert Louis Stevenson died) is actually part of Tonga -
2022 Water TigerExplosive Energy ... ?
"Stevenson's former home in Vailima, Samoa, is now a museum dedicated to the later years of his life. The Robert Louis Stevenson Museum presents the house as it was at the time of his death along with two other buildings added to Stevenson's original one, tripling the museum in size. The path to Stevenson's grave at the top of Mount Vaea starts at the museum."
I should check that museum in Samoa out before I die ... and take a book along with me ... from Clunes;-)
One day I'll have to catch the Beenleigh Cane Paraade, but it won't be today, as it looks like I missed the boat float on that one:-(
Maybe I can get down Beenleigh way for a tasting tour one day, but not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment