Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 7, 2023

Frank Thring: Bigger Than Ben-Hur?🎬

I was surprised to see
Frank Thring in the 1959 movie 'Ben-Hur' playing the role of Pontius Pilate, as I had never watched the film until this year after reading the Lew Wallace novel 'Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ'.
The Mythistory of Lew Wallace and Ben-Hur?πŸ“–πŸŽ₯🎬
Frank Thring as Satan/Nick Devlin
The first movie I ever remember seeing Frank in was 'Alvin Rides Again' at the cinema when I was about 11 and conned my grandmother into to taking me, as you weren't allowed in unless you were over 15 years old or accompanied by an adult.
I told her it was rated M because there were just a few swear words in the film, but I knew there was some full-frontal nudity in the movie and that was why it was rated M.
I never knew Frank played Satan/Nick Devlin in an ABC TV show called 'Light Me Lucifer', but that does seem to tie into my last post synchromystically enough -
Donald Cammell: Lucifer Rising/Hollywood Babylon?πŸŽ₯πŸ”₯🎬
Starring Frank Thring as Fingers
Frank even played a judge in the Mick Jagger movie 'Ned Kelly', which I have not ever seen, as I'm not a fan of Ned and his gang to be honest. 
Ned Kelly (1970 film)
I did see him in the 3rd Mad Max movie playing 'The Collector' though.
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
But I mainly remember Frank being a regular on the Australian TV show 'Blankety-Blanks'.
You learn something new under the sun every day, as they say?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment