Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 16, 2023

The Elephant in 'The Rosie Result'?🌹🐘

Having finished reading all three of
Graeme Simsion's Rosie books, I'm looking forward to seeing the movie version of the first book (The Rosie Project) when it hits the screen.
Don is a geneticist and cocktail maker in the three books and in the last book he gets into trouble teaching a university class a lesson in diversity when it comes to genes and race.
I laughed as he picked out a Danish woman to represent the whitest student and an African woman to represent the darkest student, and then asked the other students to try and place themselves in-between from lightest to darkest or vice-versa, with Indian and Pakistanis arguing over who was lighter skinned.
Some of my DNA % total
It was funny to me, as my mother's side of the family are mainly Danish, and on my father's side of the family is some Indian genes (with me having about 1% Indian genes according to my Ancestry.com DNA results ... although now it's Nepalese, while my cousins are still Northern Indian), so I was wondering where I would place myself between the Danish woman and the African woman?
The other funny thing that happened just before I had read that section of the book was, I found a Wildlife card with an elephant on the back and wondered if it was some kind of cosmic sign to me? 
Then I haven't stopped seeing elephant images and news stories since finding that card, including that elephant newspaper story about elephant genes and their sense of smell which identifies other family members.
Page 359 of 'The Rosie Result'
I see that Graeme gave Bill and Melinda Gates a mention in his last book and not long after it was published, they divorced, while on the subject about elephants in the room:-)
Now I'll have to read the book that
Graeme gave me for free, 'The Best of Adam Sharp' -

"Confronting my grandmother the Baba Yaga"?

No comments:

Post a Comment