Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 2, 2023

Pulped Fiction?♲ 📖📚♻

The Turner Prize-nominated artist David Shrigley has pulped 6,000 copies of Dan Brown's best-seller The Da Vinci Code and republished them as George Orwell's novel 1984.
He hatched the plan back in 2017 when he heard that an Oxfam shop in Swansea had stopped accepting any more copies of the conspiracy thriller.
1,250 copies of Shrigley's 1984 edition will go on sale in the same Oxfam
Artist pulps 6,000 copies of The Da Vinci Code
 and turns them into 1984
I found this story rather amusing, as being a part-time volunteer at an Op shop myself, I'm amazed at the number of books that get thrown into the cardboard recycling bin for having minor spotting or yellowing pages.
Books like these I got from a lending library ...
... wouldn't make it to the Op shop floor:-(
I often pay a donation fee to rescue and bring home copies of such novels to read and then give away to neighbourhood lending libraries who are quite happy to take such books.
Books that I rescued from the recycling bin and took home
Ironically, I even managed to save a few other Dan Brown novels I haven't yet read from the Op shop recycling bin:-)
And I even bought a DaVinci Code PC game from the Op shop floor.
I wonder if it's possible to find a 'Gone with the Wind' PC game anywhere these days?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment